Friday, April 29, 2011

Show And TELL!!!

Today I am going to tell you about my dog Scooby. Scooby is a miniature dachshund who is now almost nine years old. He is quite the dog, with lots of spunk and character. Around our house, he is the king, and he knows it. He has a little staircase that leads up to my parents' bed so that he can sleep under the covers every night. During his naps, he requires that the heat be turned up in the house so that he can lay on the heater vent with a blanket over him. His favorite toy is a laser pointer, which he chases up and down the hallway for hours at a time. We have tried many of times to teach him good manners and how to play fetch correctly, but he just can't grasp it. They say this is because of his territorial and stubborn breed! My family and I cater so much to this small animal simply because we adore him. He has brought us continual entertainment and laughter for eight and a half years and we think he's the greatest dog in the world. When my dad goes to town or to the dairy to fix a truck or tractor, Scooby is always with him, riding on his shoulders and sticking his snout out the pickup window. He never fails to brighten any day and brings great joy to everyone who meets him. Throughout the years we have made up many songs about him and have collected many statues that resemble him. Scooby is practically my little brother and I love him dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment