Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Senior Project

On Wednesday, April 27th, I held my senior vocal recital at the Caldwell High School auditorium. After four years of being trained classically by my voice teacher and mentor, Margie Koenig, she took the stage with me to accompany me in eight of my favorite songs that I have been practicing throughout the years. It turned out to be a very special event that I got to share with many of the people closest to me throughout the community. The support of friends and family meant a lot to me. In the show, I also had three of my friends do dances to some of the songs off of my albums! Andrea Markham and Kelsey Cornwell performed a lovely modern routine to "Dream On" off of my first album, and Tiffany Slemmer performed an amazing clogging routine to one of my new Gealic songs off of my Celtic Dreams album! The night was a great success. Along with the recital, I also included the process of making my Celtic album, which I recorded in November of last year in Nashville, Tennessee, as a part of my senior project. I look forward to the national release of the CD in the coming weeks.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment